question-icon

Could painless canker sore after sex be a symptom of HIV?

Posted on Wed, 5 Mar 2014
Question: I have a single painless canker sore that has appeared one week after 1 minute of unprotected sex. Could it be an early symptom of HIV?
Answered by Dr. Satvinder Bakshi (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer: its not a symptom! Detailed Answer: Hello! Please Dont worry! The sore is not a sign of HIV; as the signs of HIV develop long time after the exposure. However the sore may be a sign of sexually transmitted disease and I strongly recommend that you meet a doctor at the earliest for doing the necessary tests and treatment. Avoid unprotected sex. Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Satvinder Bakshi

ENT Specialist