Could pain in the lower back radiating to the leg be a symptom of sciatica?
What can I do to treat it and alleviate leg pain which originates in my lower back? Has been going on about 3 weeks
It is sciatica pain only.
The pain you have described is sciatica- any pain coming from back to legs is sciatica. There could be different causes for sciatica like slipped disc, spinal canal stenosis, etc.- which can be diagnosed mainly on MRI.
I treat all my patients with sciatica with painkillers, muscle relaxants, and physiotherapy. If they do not improve in 10 days then I advise MRI and further treatment would depend on MRI findings. I would recommend the same for you also.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Gopal Goel, Orthopaedic Surgeon
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Pmdd back pain sciatica
- Lower back pain sciatica itchy
- Have back pain and sciatica in leg is this curable
- Sciatica and lower back pain 10 dpo
- Sciatica back pain
- What is sciatica back pain
- Chronic leg and back pain taken naproxen and ibuprofen sciatica
- Sciatica back leg stomach
- Sciatica leg pain symptoms
- Adenomyosis back pain sciatica