Could jelqing often for over 2 years lead to prostate enlargement and frequent urination at night?

Posted on Tue, 16 Jul 2019 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: I am a 71 year old man. I have been jelqing the past two years. Several weeks ago, the frequency with which I had to urinate, both at night and during the daytime, increased substantially, I.e. I used to go only once at night and every 3 hours during the day, but all of a sudden, I was going 3-4 at night and every 1 t o1 1/2 hours during the day. I went to a urologist in the Villages, FL last week. He did a digital rectal exam and said my prostate was 2 to 2.5 time normal size and recommended immediate biopsy followed by green light surgery to burn away excess prostate tissue. I could not find rides to and from his Ocala office because I live alone. Meanwhile, my symptom have subsided. I also stopped jelqing and taking OTC male supplement. Could jelqing for 30 minutes 2 days on, 1 day off, for 2 years and taking supplements have suddenly caused huge enlargement in prostate? Would quitting for only 10 days reduce symptoms. do you l recommend laser surgery? Help?
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Details as follows

Detailed Answer:

No, the enlargement of prostate is not due to jelqing. This happens commonly with the advancing age. Many a times symptoms increases and then symptoms stop spontaneously.

A biopsy is definitely indicated. Till then you can be start on drugs like Tamsulosin, Finasteride.

One possibility is there that you might have developed Urinary Tract Infection following Jelq exercises and underlying prostatomegaly.

As far as your query is concerned, following are the answers:

1. No, jelq won't cause this except causing Urinary Infection.

2. First of all, go for the biopsy, laser treatment can be delayed if biopsy is negative for cancer.

This is my personal opinion based on details available here. Hope I have answered your query.

Stay healthy.

Dr. Anshul Varshney
Dr. Anshul Varshney