Could it be herpes if I got a negative IGG test result at 9 weeks post exposure?
Hello. Thank you.
I am Dr kakkar (Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.
A negative IgG for HSV at 9 weeks almost rules out herpes simplex virus infection, however, I suggest you to take a repeat test at 12-16 weeks for a conclusive result.
The odds are very less if you have a negative IgG test at 9 weeks. DNA PCR from blood is not reliable for diagnosing genital herpes.. It would have been reliable if it was done from a mucocutaneous /clinical lesion.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Herpes test 5 weeks
- Herpes 2 igg test results
- Herpes post exposure prophylaxis
- Sores on penis partners tested negative for std herpes
- Herpes test 7 weeks accuracy
- Tested positive for herpes exposure
- Herpes igg test accuracy
- False positive herpes blood test results
- Tested positive for herpes 2 is this herpes
- False herpes test results