Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
153 Doctors are Online

Could a boil under the arm be symptom of MRSA?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 6248 Questions
My son has some sort of boil under his arm, could it be mrsa?
Posted Wed, 19 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: test required Detailed Answer: Hello MRSA (methicillin resistant staph aureus) is a technical term used with staphylococci bacteria is resistant to methicillin. Well the boils can be caused by staph; but whether or not this is a MRSA strain can be confirmed only by tests. Your son should be started on antibiotic and material from lump should be taken for culture and sensitivity to know whether it is MRSA or not. Let me know if you have any other doubts. Thank you
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor