Owl Image

Could UTI and STD cause stinging and frequent urination?

Owl Image
Dr. S. Murugan

HIV AIDS Specialist

Question
I had quite rough unprotected anal sex 3 days ago, the morning after i felt like i needed to pee very often, could this be an std or UTI. I have no discharge but it feels like the tip off my penis is stinging and my urine flow is all over the place.
Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urine/other investigations reveal STD or nonSTD

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM.

Frequency of urination and stinging over the tip of urethral orifice alone do not indicate STD. Even anxiety and fear or phobia towards STD/HIV also can produce similar picture. Examination urine in a laboratory would reveal the presence of infection (> than 5 pus cells in deposit examination). Further investigations like culture and sensitivity, smear examination (wet and dry) will reveal whether it could be due to STD or not. On the basis of out come treatment has to be planned.
Dr S. Murugan