Could I take hyalgan injections while taking xarelto?

Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Question: I would like to take Hyalgan injections for my knees. I'm on Xarelto 20 mg. I would stop the Xarelto the day before the injections and start the day after the injection. The concern I have is can you do this for 5weeks in a row? That' the amount of shots I'll need. Basically cutting 7days a week of Xarelto down to 4days a week for 5weeks. Thank yo XXXX
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Yes you can do that Detailed Answer: Hello, Yes you can do that. You can’t take injection Hyalgan while you are taking xarelto. There will not be much difference if you stop xarelto for 3 days. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care
Follow up: Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 minutes later
Thank you for response. Just one more thing do you think it would be a better thing to PT and brace instead of the injection waiting to get off Xarelto altogether?
Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 27 hours later
Brief Answer: For that clinical examination is required Detailed Answer: Hello, To decide treatment protocol clinical examination and radiograph are essential. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to rate the answer at end . Wishing you good health. Take care