Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

Could I give saffron in water for a child suffering from cold and wheezing problem frequently?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
hello kid is 3.6years old n he is suffering from cold n wheezing frequently ,can i give him saffron in water??so that his immunity will increase and his doctor has advised to stop giving him milk and egg....plz do reply. thank u
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 16 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern. As per symptoms your child is having hyperresponsive airway disease. I suggest you to -give medication as prescribed by your doctor. -try to find any precipitating factor like change in climate/any fumes/dust/animal dander/any food items. These symptoms usually decrease in intensity as child grows. Since your doctor has stopped some food items he might have found association between them. Yes you can give saffron but give in small quantity. Also give him good nutritious diet so as to increase his immunity. Stop all kind of junk food. Hope I have answered your query,let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless..
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor