Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

Could I give junior horlicks for a toddler?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
hi Doctors, can I give Junior Horlicks to my 15 months baby ? Thanks, XXXX
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: No. Give after 2 years of age. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Milk supplements like Junior Horlicks are recommended in children above the age of 2 years. The idea behind the above recommendation is to concentrate on giving family pot feeds such as rice, dhal, vegetables, fruits which will prevent malnutrition in children by bridging caloric gap. And in comparison to liquids, solid feeds such as rice with dhal, vegetables will have more calories, proteins, and nutrients. Therefore I suggest you to give home made feeds(family pot feeding) to your 15 months old child. And you can introduce Junior Horlicks after the age of 2 years in addition to the regular home food. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor