Could I give junior horlicks for a toddler?

Dr. E Venkata Ramana

Pediatrician

Posted on Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Child Health
Question: hi Doctors, can I give Junior Horlicks to my 15 months baby ? Thanks, XXXX
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: No. Give after 2 years of age. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Milk supplements like Junior Horlicks are recommended in children above the age of 2 years. The idea behind the above recommendation is to concentrate on giving family pot feeds such as rice, dhal, vegetables, fruits which will prevent malnutrition in children by bridging caloric gap. And in comparison to liquids, solid feeds such as rice with dhal, vegetables will have more calories, proteins, and nutrients. Therefore I suggest you to give home made feeds(family pot feeding) to your 15 months old child. And you can introduce Junior Horlicks after the age of 2 years in addition to the regular home food. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.