Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Cortical cyst in lower pole of right kidney. How to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
my father have 35mm cortical cyst in lower pole of right kidney.sludge in lumen.
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Follow-up: Cortical cyst in lower pole of right kidney. How to cure it? 6 minutes later
how cure cyst in lower pole of right kidney.
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 15 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Depends on the condition.

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that teh treatment is not universal it depends on individual condition. If your simple kidney cyst causes no signs or symptoms and doesn't interfere with your kidney function, you may not need treatment but your kidney function tests need to be in normal limits .A ultrasound abdomen can be done periodically to see whether your kidney cyst has enlarged or there is any change .

If kidney cyst is causing problems thencyst can be Punctured and drained then filled it with alcohol for shrinking the wall . Otherwise Surgery can be undertaken to remove the cyst. It will depend on your treating doctors decision.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor