Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Continuous sneezing with runny nose. Is there any permanent treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Allergist and Immunologist
Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 584 Questions
Of late I am getting sneezing fits & frequency is increasing by the day.
Earlier it used to be once in 10-15 days but now it is almost everyday affair (generally in the morning when I wake up)
All this started some 5-6 years back.
During the fit I get 6-8 sneezes continuesly and after sneezes stops, I have a running nose for about half an hour then everything is OK.
Can this condition be cured permanently?
To whom shall I consult and what is the line of treatment in such cases?
Can 'Endrine' nasal drop provide any relief, my father, who was a doctor, asked me to use it but i didn't.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Sujoy Khan 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Endrine gives mild relief. Immunotherapy better.

Detailed Answer:
This is most likely house dust mite and/or cockroach allergy but requires testing to prove it.
Endrine will provide very temporary relief; Nasonex nasal spray will be better along with fexofenadine 180mg.
Immunotherapy over 3 years will provide long lasting benefit.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Allergist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor