Continuous lower back pain with hip pain. Getting soft stool. Reason for these symptoms?
Thank you for posting your query.
There are two likely causes of your symptoms:
1. Parasitic infection- certain parasites such as giardia lamblia, etc can cause loose stools (foul smelling) for a long period of time.
It can be detected on stool microscopic examination, and if found, can be treated with anti-parasitic medications.
2. Malabsorption syndrome- In this condition, food is not properly absorbed, after ingestion. This results in loose stools for a long time, which may be smelly and sticky.
Investigations required to confirm this include serum vitamin B12 level, hemoglobin, total protein/albumin (all blood tests), 24-hour stool fat assay, and urinary xylose excretion.
I hope it helps. Please get back if you have any more queries.
Wishing you good health,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Bursitis hip pain symptoms
- Miscarriage back pain and hip pain
- Symptoms of chronic hip pain
- Endometriosis lower back hip pain
- Ribs sore to touch hip pain back pain
- Back pain groin pain burning hip pain
- Hip pain symptoms at night
- Hip pain back pain ovarian
- Spondylosis lower back pain hip pain swollen knee
- Symptoms of epididymitis hip pain
- CT scan shows intracerebral bleed, cortical vein thrombosis, patchy...
- Distorted vision. MRI showed demyelination and suspected MS. Prescribed...
- I have been getting random twitching all over body. What should I do?
- Taking Epilim chromo to prevent migraine, now irritable, aggressive,...
- Burning sensation in neck, back and stomach. Had stomach upset, gas,...
- Headache, taken painkillers and homeopathic treatment. No nausea. Worried
- X-ray shows rotoscoliosis, spondyloisthesis, degenerative disc disease....
- What does the EMG results indicate? Could it cause problems with fine...
- Shivering hands and feet, blurred vision, tingling and numb foot, back...
- Does Gonapeptyl cause fits in children? Child has cerebral palsy