Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

Constant pain behind ears mastoid bone. Done with ct scan. Have inflammed sinuses. On naproxen

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

ENT Specialist
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 1975 Questions
Hi for the past 3 weeks I have had slow onset dizziness like im off balace, woozy with constant pain behind my ears mastoid bone, and my ears feel uncomfortable constantly having to pop them,i also have an itchy feelin too, my doctor has looked in my ears and said they are crystal clear but thinks it could be coming from my chronic sinusitus, ive had ct scan in the past and have inflammed sinuses, doctor has put me on naproxen, antihistamines and steriod drops for nose feel no better, previous to that ive been on 2 different antibiotics I need help getting very scared
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding dizziness and popping in ear and pain over mastoid area.As you said that your doctor has examined and found normal.You are having sinusitis for quite long. So it appears as your eustachian tube is get blocked due to sinusitis , this is the reasion to get relief by steroidal spray.

I would like to suggest you to take proper treatment for sinusitis and most probably by FESS operation otherwise you may develop complications of sinusitis.

It will be better to consult ENT specialist for thorough examination and treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor