Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Constant eye twitching, occasional lip swelling. Allergic reaction or something else?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 2565 Questions
male, age: 58
right eye twich constantly and once in a while my top lip swells as if allergic reaction or something
Posted Sun, 9 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 10 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Your question is a very good one and I will provide you with some information and recommendations.

The most common cause of twitching of the Eye is stress. If you're experiencing a significant amount of stress or anxiety or if you're not sleeping well this will definitely cause these type of symptoms to occur. As the stress and anxiety comes under control and as he was sleeping better these symptoms will slowly fade away.

As far as the swelling of your lip this might reflect some type of allergy to a food or possibly to something you are exposed to any environment I would suggest that you carefully review all of the food love you recently to see if there is something that might be exacerbating this symptom. Also it might be a good idea for you to review anything you have been exposed to any environment recently as well. You might try taking some Claritin once daily to see if this improves your symptoms.

Thanks again for sending your question. It is been a pleasure to participate in your health concern. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr Galamaga .
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor