Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Congealed bleeding from the penis. Should I be worried?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 193 Questions
congealed bleeding from the penis
Posted Sun, 24 Nov 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Rogers Nditanchou 2 hours later
Brief Answer: exclude prostate problem, complete clinical review Detailed Answer: Hi and thanks for the query, It is important to know if you experience any urinary incontinence, frequent urination, painful urination or difficulties to hold urine for sometime when you feel as urinating. If these symptoms are present, the commonest cause of bleeding in penis in an adult male older than 50 years of age is a prostate problem. It is important to exclude a simple prostate enlargement (prostate hypertrophy) or prostate cancer. Simple tests like a physical examination, measurement of the Prostate Specific Antigen (PSA) levels in blood and a prostate ultrasound shall be sufficient. Other causes of concealed penile bleeding could include leukaemias. However, fatigue, anemias, fatigue and chronic fever are all usually associated with this condition. Urinary tract infections are generally associated with bleeding and blood in urine, not concealed. A complete clinical review is needed from your primary care doctor. In case you got other specific concerns, please feel free asking follow up questions through this forum. Thanks and kind regards as I wish you the best of health. Kind regards Dr Rogers
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor