Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
148 Doctors are Online

Condom broke while having sex. Can I have aids?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 2094 Questions
My age is 24 I am in newzealand I fuck 35 years prostitute and when doing sec I broke my condome I can get aids are any sex desises to Me it now I am healthy
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 1 hour later

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

I can understand your anxiety. As per your description, condom broke during sexual intercourse. There is a risk of transmission of Sexually transmitted diseases during that time.

The risk is there because status of other partner is unknown. If you develop any irritation, redness, eruptions or ulcer, then you should test for STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease).

With your history, there is a risk of STD. As you said, the thought of HIV itself causes lot of anxiety. Hence, it is better to go for test. A negative test would relieve the anxiety. You will have to repeat the test after 3 months to be sure about any negative result.

Hope this information is helpful to you. If you have any further query, please let me know. I will be happy to help.

Dr. A. Dubey .M.D
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Condom broke while having sex. Can I have aids? 7 hours later
But noting is there on my penis my penis is good but I am feel panic to know any desesis will attack
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 7 hours later

Thanks for your follow up,

It is good to know that you don't have any symptoms; but after risky exposure, it is always better to test. Please get yourself tested for STD including for HIV and negative test will alleviate your anxiety.

I would suggest you to go for tests at the earliest and stay assured of the illness.

Please inform me about progress.

Hope I am able to address all your concerns. I am available for clarification if any.

Dr. A. Dubey M.D.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor