Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
195 Doctors are Online

Compression fracture, upper back discomfort. What precaution should I take to not aggravate it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 3628 Questions
hi i recently had and accident with d12 stable compression fracture..i am 24 yrs old male,,weighing 75 kg..its been 45 days after the accident,but i still feel some difficulty in my upper back..what should i do and what precaution should i take not to aggravete it more
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Thanks for your query.

Please provide me some more details on your condition so that I can opine better.

How and where was it diagnosed to be a "Stable" compression fracture?

What symptoms do you have exactly which you described as difficulty?

Are there any neurological symptoms like numbness, pain and weakness in the lower limbs or back?

Please attach here the reports of investigations performed, if any. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

Anticipating your response.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Compression fracture, upper back discomfort. What precaution should I take to not aggravate it? 9 hours later
the doctor who attended me after the rta said its stable d12 compression fracture after reading the ct scan spine report at kohima..there's no numbness but some difficulty in the sense i get pain and backache in middle part of my back if i stand or seat continuosly for more than one hour..what should i do?
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

Thanks for the reply.

I suggest you to consult a Physiotherapist who can help you overcome the problem and also a " Hyperextension brace " help you, whose need can be assesd by the physiotherapist.

If the pain and discomfort is increasing day by day then you may have to get a repeat CT (computed tomography) scan to rule unexpected progression of the fracture and consult your orthopaedic surgeon.

Wish you good health.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor