Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
164 Doctors are Online

Complaining of ear pain. Suggest first aid?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 677 Questions
My daugther is complaining about ear pain. Can you suggets a first aid?
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Ibugesic syrup will help

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query.

I understand that your daughter has pain in the ears since evening.

In such incidents in my practice I would advice a pain killer syrup for pain relief. I would prescribe Ibugesic plus 5 ml two to three times a day based on your child's weight.

I would also suggest you take your daughter to an ENT specialist for complete examination, because without looking into the ear it would not be possible to prescribe an antibiotic if there is any need for it.

Do not put any drops in the ears without consulting an ENT doctor, because the cause for pain could be impacted wax and by putting drops you will be making it worse.

If you do not have Ibugesic syrup, you can give 250mg of paracetamol tablet (Half tablet of crocin 500), this will also reduce the pain and she can sleep.

There is no other first aid which you can do as of now.

Hope this information is of help to you. Please do feel free to write back if you have further questions.

Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor