Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Complaining mild pain in chest under lower rib, advised Happi D but no help. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 600 Questions
I have been complaining mild pain (sometimes severe) in my left chest under the lower rib. I was advised to take Happi D capsules for 30days by a physician. I have completed the course. Still my issue has not been resolved. Still I am facing the pain in the mentioned area.
Posted Wed, 9 Oct 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra 26 hours later
Brief Answer:
The chest pain needs to be evaluated.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for posting the query on XXXXXXX After going through the query, I would like to comment the following:

1. You seem to be having left sided chest pain currently not relieved by antacid medication. Also you are taking seroflo inhaler for your breathlessness.

2. Considering your clinical profile, you need to get investigated. The evaluation required are chest xray pa view, pulmonary function test, ECG, 2D Echo, and if required CT thorax. A Pulmonologist and cardiologist opinion is required.

3. Once the evaluation localises the cause of pain whether, pulmonary, cardiac, chest wall or GERD, then it can be managed accordingly.

4. Thus a detailed workup is required as mentioned above.

I hope I have answered your query. I will be glad to answer follow up queries if any.
Please accept my answer if you have no follow up queries.


Dr. Gyanshankar Mishra
Consultant Pulmonologist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor