Color change in semen with burning sensation while urinating. What am I suffering from?

Dr. G.Srinivasan

Urologist

Posted on Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: hello doctor, I have a burning feeling when I urinate, it feels like iam leaking urine when i sit around even though iam not, and I have just discovered that my semen is a brown colour like a mild coffee color, iam 49 years old. A few weeks back i found it hard to urinate and the flow was very slow, i thought it had cleared up but now this.
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 1 hour later
Hi
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Both urinary symptoms and color change in semen with hard to urinate are suggestive of prostate infection.
You need physical examination including rectal examination.
Tests to be done are urine analysis and culture. Uroflowmetry may be necessary to assess urine flow rate.
A course of antibiotics should help.
Hope this helps.
Best regards
DR GS