Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Clogged pores resulting painless pimples / nodules in labia minora, no STDs. What should i do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1337 Questions
How to rid labia minora of clogged pores? These clogged pores are resulting in little painless pimples or nodules that wont go away. I have no STD's. Im just tired of the way these little pimple like things have my lady parts looking. & I don't know what 2 do
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Tauseef 1 hour later

Thank you for posting your query.

Your history implies to a condition called Sebaceous or Epidermoid Cysts which are small bumps that develop beneath the skin which has sebaceous glands. They rarely occur in genital area and are slow-growing and often painless. They seldom cause problems or need treatment.

Most of the cysts aren't harmful, and are addressed for cosmetic reasons, if they grow rapidly, rupture, become painful or if occur in a spot that is constantly irritated such as in your case.

You can converse with your Gynecologist and get his/her opinion. Your doctor may refer you to a dermatologist for further treatment which might involves incision and drainage (I&D) or total excision.

Till then, do not try to squeeze them yourself. Keep the area dry and clean and change your undergarments regularly.

Hope this answers your query, Please accept my answer if you have no follow-up queries.

Good Luck.

Dr. Mohammed Tauseef.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor