Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
128 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Circumcision done. Have lump under foreskin. Having pain and itching after masturbation. Treatment?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I have small lumps under the foreskin, with small tiny white dots on those lumps. My penis is circumcised when I was 12 now I am 22. I had shown to a dermatologist, he said its nothing, lumps are there due to circumcision.
I wash my penis daily during shower, with soap. Sometimes, i feel itchy under the foreskin, and the itchy feeling goes as soon as I pull back and fro my foreskin. This is not regular, but from last three days I am feeling itchy six to seven times a day. I also have small tiny white dots around the base of my glans. I had unprotected sex with a women sometimes, 3 years back. Some smell is also coming when I pull back my foreskin, although the smell is not too strong . I want to know whether everything is alright?? The itchy feeling is having after I masturbated continuously for 3 days, I never masturbate continuously. Are these lumps are fine. ...?? My glans skin also dry fast when i pull my foreskin. After erection my foreskin does not come back to it's normal position on its own, I have to pull it back. Some times when I am outside and my foreskin gets pulled back, it didn't come back to its normal position on its own. If doesn't pulled back for sometime , it starts paining and the area around skin swells up (usually after erection) and the glans skin dried up. But this never caused any problem. I have only itching and some light pain after continuously masturbating 2 times for 3 days. ( normally I XXXXXXX not masturbate).
Posted Thu, 14 Mar 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 35 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query,

From your description it appears you definitely have an affection on your penis. Now given the details you have provided + pictures, I am supposing that you have an infection probably due to fungi (since it is presents with chronic symptoms). Type of infection is known as balanitis. The fact that you masturbate from time to time may predispose yo u to possible infections. Use of harsh soaps or not rinsing soap off properly while bathing.
From now on, I propose you slow down a little with the masturbation and see a surgeon or doctor who can take a closer look at the lumps on your penis and probably indicate a corrective surgery if the foreskin is causing the problem.
I suggest you apply OTC miconazole cream for a couple of days to week, to treat the infection if responsible. Other causes of your symptoms are present and so you need to still consult with doctor.

Hope this was useful and get back if have any more info
Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Circumcision done. Have lump under foreskin. Having pain and itching after masturbation. Treatment? 19 minutes later
Thank you Doc, for your informative reply. I have few more doubts??
As you have my penis pictures, I am having this lumps for around 5 or more years. As I said earlier that I had shown a dermatologist (4 years back) and he said that it is fine. He said it is due to circumcision (My penis is circumcised). I masturbate very rarely or you can say i do not masturbate. But for last 3 days only, I masturbated regularly, although I have night flows quite frequently. Is my situation is very bad? You have said there are other causes, what are they?? and after looking at the pic what else you can tell??
and how fast I should visit the doctor?? or I can visit the doc after few days??

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 7 hours later

Sorry for the slight delayance .
I think by looking at the pictures keenly we can say that it is due to circumcision but it is normally not suppose to itch and if it does, then it means there is an affection or infection that is causing it. Itching is usually the direct presentation of a local irritation by microbes such as viruses, fungi and/or bacteria. But I'll vote for fungi and bacteria because of its symptoms. The fungi could be aspergillosis or candidosis while bacteria could be staph or strep or other local skin bacteria which by you masturbating on your previous circumcision scars, lead to their easy penetration into your skin, reason why you now have those itches.
My suggestion is to apply topical steroids and/or antifungi creams (OTC). It does not really require that you visit a doctor immediately as there is no emergency nor will require any special attention, home treatment will suffice.

Hope this was equally helpful
Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Circumcision done. Have lump under foreskin. Having pain and itching after masturbation. Treatment? 4 hours later
Thank you Doc, for again helping me to clear doubts.
I am satisfied with your reply.
I want to ask what necessary precautions, I should take to avoid this condition in future??
How many days I should apply OTC miconazole cream ( how many times a day) ??
And once again I want to ask whether everything else is fine (by seeing those pictures)??
If itching is still there after applying the OTC, then I should visit the local doctor??

Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 59 minutes later
Thanks for the update.

The measure to avoid being affected is practice good pubic hygiene, avoid unprotected sex in the future and as practice masturbation after cleaning your hands.
Take miconazole cream or hydrocortisone 0.05% cream twice daily till lesion can disappear (usually for 10days to 2 weeks).
There is nothing to worry much about as concerns the lesions.
Do consult with local doctor if itching persist.

Please if you are satisfied with my answer, do accept it.

Thank you
Dr Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor