Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
154 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Circumcised male, having dry and flaky gland on penis. Should i go to doctor?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1991
Answered : 1414 Questions
I am a circumsised male living in NYC and the skin on the front of the gland of my penis away from front is dry and flacky. I haven't engaged in sex for several years so what could possibly cause and what kind of medical specialist should see and how might I find one? There's nothing else to say. There's no itch. The rest of the glans perfectly fine. I think if it could be kept dry (which is impossible due daily shower) and not suffer hot water and soap, it might go away.
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. G.Srinivasan 42 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX and thanks for your query.
I understand your concern about dryness.
As long as it does not affect the urethral opening, and urination is alright, there is no role for a urologist.
Many conditions affecting the skin can affect the glans as well, like LICHEN PLANUS.
A dermatologist is the best person to solve the issue.
I wish i could have helped better if i had the opportunity to see a photograph of the affected area.
Wishing you good health,

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor