Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

196 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Ask a Urologist   »  

Circumcised child with tight foreskin and noticed bruise under foreskin. Cause of concern?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
Hello my 4 yr old was circumstized last year as his foreskin was very tight tonight he complained when he sat down so I asked him to let me see...... On checking him he a some discharged which he often gets but once I cleaned him under it was purple & black bruising at the base (up the top) under the foreskin........ Discharged I'm can deal with as he sometimes gets my concern is the appearance of bruising........ Do you feel it is being restricted or is his penis finally dropping & coming out & perhaps he has torn it some where.....?? He lets me clean it without any grief or pulling away from me at all. I have clean it again & doesn't seem as aggressive but the colouring is my concern
I was going to take him to women's & children's what do you think? Or shall I just take him to the GP tomorrow ?
Kind regards
Tue, 29 Jan 2013 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 38 minutes later
Thank you for your query,
It is looking like a local injury under the foreskin of penis.It may be due to some torn injury because of undergarments or some times insect bite causing local infection leading to small ulcer formation with discharge. Usually it will heal with local antibiotic ointment application.
Another thing may be because of balanoprosthitis which is the local infection and inflammation of penis and undeneath of foreskin due to accumulation of smegma.
Usually it will be restricted to underneath of foreskin.
Consult your Pediatrician for the examination and for appropriate treatment.
Hope i answered your query, if you feel for any more kindly post me.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist