Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

Chronic runny nose problem. What is the best suggested treatment?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 2416 Questions
What treatment do you suggest for a chronic runny nose problem. I am 77 year old male.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 1 hour later
Thanks for your query.
Runny nose means rhinorrhoea and it can be basically due to allergic cause and non allergic cause.
To understand better please write back with answers to few queries:-
-Is the runny nose continuous?
-Does it occur when exposed to any allergy causing food, to smoke,dust etc?
-Are you on any medicines for allergy or even blood pressure,prostate?
-Is there any structural abnormality like deviated nasal septum?
-Do you have a history of seasonal rhinitis?
Please write back and I shall do my best to help you.
Awaiting your reply.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor