Chronic nausea, 2 1/2 years, stomach spasms
My family history has many Auto Immune disease and I wonder if it may be related:
Thanks for the query.
After going through the history provided by you, I feel the symptoms you are facing could be due to 'autoimmune injury' of the nerves supplying the gut, producing severe gastroparesis and constipation.
The nausea too could be due to gastroparesis secondary to autoimmune injury.
As you have already tried Reglan without any relief, the below medications may be useful and would help in relieving your symptoms:
1. Tab ITOPRIDE- this stimulates motility of the gut and is an US FDA approved drug. This has to be taken three times a day.
Please observe for improvements. If any present then you don't require any other medications.
2. Tab ERYTHROMYCIN- It is an antibiotic, but also has properties of increasing the gastric motility. This can be taken only if you don't find improvements with the above medications.
3. Consume lots of fluids like water and fruit juices.
4. Consume lots of high fibre diet like XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits.
Please discuss about these drugs with your Gastroenterologist.
Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
do you also think Celiac Disease would be a cause for my symptoms?
If so, how do I go about beginning to try?
Also with Gastroparesis, I am not supposed to eat raw veggies, or anything with skins
Itopride is not availible in the US, and I will ask about Erythro but after researching it says it will cause nausea as well.
What can I do about the nausea, nothing helps it
Good to hear from you again.
Celiac disease usually presents with diarrhea and very much not fitting with your symptoms.
But it would be better to rule out as sometimes it may be associated with your symptoms.
Please get Immunoglobin A(IgA) and tissue Transglutaminase(tTG) done to confirm the cause.
Yes, please avoid raw vegetables but please do consume lots of liquids and less amount of fats.
I am sorry regarding unavailability of ITOPRIDE in US, but considering the US journals mentioned the availability in US.
You can consider taking prokinetic group of drugs depending on the availability and after discussing with your doctor.
For Nausea, you can take Ondanseteron, three times a day for a week after discussing with your doctor.
Hope this answers your query.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stomach spasms cold sweats nausea diarrhea
- Chronic nausea and throat lump
- Chronic nausea and weakness of legs
- Diagnosis of secondly chronic nausea
- Secondly chronic nausea causes
- Chronic nausea causes
- Stomach spasms feels like 2 hearts
- Stomach spasms and nausea
- Symptoms of secondly chronic nausea
- Chronic nausea 2 12 years stomach spasms
- What is the remedy for white egg like substance in stools and constipation?
- What is the remedy for and constipation and gas due to gall bladder...
- Chronic nausea, 2 1/2 years, stomach spasms
- Gastric problem,bloating,loose stool,acid reflux,constipation,yeast
- Crohn disease,hashimoto,remicade,anaphylactic...
- Nausea,urge to vomit,constipation,pressure before bowel movement