Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

Chronic drinker and heavy smoker. Fainted and vomited. MRI scan showed tumour in kidney. Body scan showing cancer cells. Cure?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Oncologist, Surgical
Practicing since : 1986
Answered : 59 Questions
I was a chronic drinker (for over 10 years) and heavy smoker for over two decades (upto 30 cigrattes a day). Then one day I fainted and then vomitted in my office. Went to a gastro entrologist who sent me to a neurologist for a brain scan which came clean. Went back and then had a CT scan of right kidney which showed tumour. The kidney was taken out and a biopsy showed it was malignant. Took medicines for some days and then had full body scan which showed some cancer cells near aourta and pancreas. Have been taking Pazopanib Hydrochloride 400 mg tabs twice a day for over two months and am due for a follow up check up at Tata Meorial Cancer Hospital Mumbai on 12th September. I am attaching all relevant prescription/documents/scans stiched together in a PDF file.
Thanks for this wonderful service.
God bless
Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. K. Harish 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Contact medical oncologist for further therapy.

Detailed Answer:
It appears that there is disease in the abdomen and possible spread to lungs.

It is unlikely that you would be advised for surgery. Please be in touch with a medical oncologist and you could be started on some oral medication like Sunitinib or Sorafenib. Your doctor would best advise you on this.

Hope this information was helpful. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor