Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

Chronic back pain. Advise?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 466 Questions
Hi Doctor, I have a chronic back pain and need some advice
Posted Tue, 24 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 39 minutes later

Thanks for posting your query

Back pain can be due to various reasons as improper posture, diseases as pelvic infection or injury to the nerves, spine and muscles or other causes as due to abnormality in the abdomen, chest and kidney.

Treatment for back pain includes
•     Having a correct posture while sitting, standing and working. Details on a good working position can be found at WWW.WWWW.WW •     Use low heels
•     Keeping a pillow behind the lower back while sitting
•     Sleeping on one side with knees and hips bent and keeping a pillow under the lower back
•     Compresses and massage from a physiotherapist.
These measures play a major role in controlling back pain.
Some advice for you:

1) Do some form of exercise even a daily walk is fine.
2) Adopt proper posture and if you have long sitting hours work take small breaks and stretch the body.
3) You can also do some back strengthening exercises under the supervision of your physiotherapist
4) Have healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, milk, vegetables and protein.
5) When back pain is severe, apply a hot water bottle or heating pad for 5 to 10 minutes.

Hope this answers your query. Please accept the answer in case you do not have follow up query.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor