Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
126 Doctors are Online

Child with severe vomiting. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 393 Questions
4.5 year boy. He is vomitting since night. Even can not digest water.
Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Tanusree Biswas 12 minutes later

Thanks for your query.

If the vomiting is so severe, it is very important that you visit a physician for immediate care. Prolonged vomiting in a child might cause dehydration if the water and ion replenishment is not done soon. Till you can visit the physician, you can give him sips of ORS ; it can be prepared at home by dissolving sugar in a glass of water with a pinch of salt.

If vomiting is severe and oral medications are not possible, injectable medications may be required to arrest the vomiting.

You must consult a physician for immediate care. I will be happy to answer any follow up queries if you have.

Wishing good health,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor