Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child with pulmonary stenosis by birth. Taking ayurvedic medicine. Should I go for open-heart surgery?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
My Son XXXXXXX is 3 yrs and 3 months old. He is having Pulmonary stenosis since his birth. Doctors have asked us to do Engio-Therapy which we have delayed till date. Now the Doctors are asking to do Open-Heart Surgery as the muscles have grown in the Right Ventricle. Since, last two years we have been taking Ayurvedic Medicines for the above Heart Disease. The Pressure since then have gone done from 140 mg to 130 then to 100 mg. But the pressure has again gone up to 117 mg as 3-4 days back he was admitted for Loose motion & Vomiting.

He have been doing well since we started taking Ayurvedic Medicines. Kindly advise.

Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 18 minutes later
Thanks for posting your query.
There is hardly any logic in treating a child's heart with any method of therapy that is unproven, unscientific and far from being beneficial. It would only delay the real intervention.
It is not like you can come any time on the right path. Time and tide wait for none!
Ayurveda/Yoga can be good for those who are already well, but it can not help those who are sick.
The right side of heart if continues to be overburdened with the obstructed outlet then there will come a time when it would suffer a permanent change in myocardium and the modern medicine also would not be able to do any good at that time.
Then you will remember this lost time period. Enough time has been already wasted, please take urgent steps and take the child to a cardiologist and he will guide you to the proper treatment.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiac Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor