Child with pulmonary stenosis by birth. Taking ayurvedic medicine. Should I go for open-heart surgery?

Dr. Ram Choudhary

Posted on Wed, 23 Jan 2013 in Valvular Heart Disease
Question: hi,
My Son XXXXXXX is 3 yrs and 3 months old. He is having Pulmonary stenosis since his birth. Doctors have asked us to do Engio-Therapy which we have delayed till date. Now the Doctors are asking to do Open-Heart Surgery as the muscles have grown in the Right Ventricle. Since, last two years we have been taking Ayurvedic Medicines for the above Heart Disease. The Pressure since then have gone done from 140 mg to 130 then to 100 mg. But the pressure has again gone up to 117 mg as 3-4 days back he was admitted for Loose motion & Vomiting.

He have been doing well since we started taking Ayurvedic Medicines. Kindly advise.

XXXXXXX Father
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 18 minutes later
Hello XXXXXXX,
There is hardly any logic in treating a child's heart with any method of therapy that is unproven, unscientific and far from being beneficial. It would only delay the real intervention.
It is not like you can come any time on the right path. Time and tide wait for none!
Ayurveda/Yoga can be good for those who are already well, but it can not help those who are sick.
The right side of heart if continues to be overburdened with the obstructed outlet then there will come a time when it would suffer a permanent change in myocardium and the modern medicine also would not be able to do any good at that time.
Then you will remember this lost time period. Enough time has been already wasted, please take urgent steps and take the child to a cardiologist and he will guide you to the proper treatment.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.