Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Child with black particles in urine. What could be this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions
Hi, I have a two year old that we are potty training so she is going is a little potty seat. I've noticed that when I go to dump out her urine she has a bunch of black particles in her urine. Wondering what it might be and whether it's something I just need to keep an eye on or make an appt. with her doctor. She doesn't seem to be bothered by it.
Posted Tue, 10 Sep 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 16 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please send her urine for investigations

Detailed Answer:
The content of the urine and stools is dependent on the food and liquids we take.
Black particles in the urine of your 2 year old can be altered blood.
To confirm this,her urine has to be sent for Culture and sensitivity,microscopy,deposits etc.
Sometimes,simple Ultrasound abdomen to rule out any problem in kidney/Ureter/ urinary bladder .
So,i request you not to neglect and consult a Urologist for Clinical examination and investigations.
Wish her good health
If you have any queries,i will clarify furhter
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor