Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child was having wax cleaned out of ear and hydrogen peroxide dripped into eyes. Suggest?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
mY 12 year old was having wax cleaned out of his ears at an urgent care and some of the hydrogen peroxide solution dripped into his eye last night. they irrigated it with saline, sent us home with more and we did it 2x more last night and today. Looks much better but tonight he complained of a "dull ache" in that eye. We irrigated it again and he said/ it felt a little better. No blurred vision or light sensitivity. What else can I do for him?
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irrigation.Observe him for eye irritation symptoms

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

Nothing to worry as the child feels better and there is no blurring of vision or light sensitivity.

The dull ache in that eyes is because of local irritation. If he is complaining of irritation you can irrigate his eye with normal saline or cool purified water.

Observe the child for the following findings:

1.Redness of eye.

2.Watering or any discharge from the eye.

3.Stickening of eye lids.

4.Any disturbance in the vision of that eyes or light sensitivity.

5.Increase or persistence of irritation.

If you find any above findings, I suggest you to consult the ophthalmologist for the examination.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor