Child suffering for lose motion. What treatment and cure should be done?

Dr. Praveen Rodrigues

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi
My baby boy is suffering for lossemotion
18 time in the day .he is 10 days old
Give me solution
XXXXXXX
YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 48 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I write in only because you sound desperate.
18 times will dehydrate a small baby of 10 days age.
Please dont stop the breast feeding; perhaps you have been giving water et al..stop.
Go across to the nearest Neonatology Unit in the city you are in (large hospital) & get the opinion on the ground from an experienced neonatologist..these things cannot be done online at this age.
Also, the child may be lactose intolerant..point to be borne in mind.
Bottom line: Dont wait..please go across to a neonatology unit. If in Bangalore, St John's Medical college & Dr Swarna XXXXXXX the place to go. Alternatively, Philomenas hospital & Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Cheers & Godspeed...hope the baby is better soon!
Regds,
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD