Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
169 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

Child suffering for lose motion. What treatment and cure should be done?

Answered by
Dr. Praveen Rodrigues


Practicing since :1993

Answered : 1193 Questions

Posted on Fri, 30 Nov 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi
My baby boy is suffering for lossemotion
18 time in the day .he is 10 days old
Give me solution
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 48 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
I write in only because you sound desperate.
18 times will dehydrate a small baby of 10 days age.
Please dont stop the breast feeding; perhaps you have been giving water et al..stop.
Go across to the nearest Neonatology Unit in the city you are in (large hospital) & get the opinion on the ground from an experienced neonatologist..these things cannot be done online at this age.
Also, the child may be lactose intolerant..point to be borne in mind.
Bottom line: Dont wait..please go across to a neonatology unit. If in Bangalore, St John's Medical college & Dr Swarna XXXXXXX the place to go. Alternatively, Philomenas hospital & Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX Cheers & Godspeed...hope the baby is better soon!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Medical Topics ,  

Recent questions on  Neonatology

doctor1 MD

My son is 7 months old and when he cries his bottom lip pulls down much farther on his left side. At first the neonatologist said to watch this...

doctor1 MD

Hi,h This is prithu. My baby boy was born at 34th week of gestation period and weighed only 2 kgs. After that i had insufficient breast milk. I...

doctor1 MD

hi, I am 31 weeks pregnant.. I have detected with obstetric cholestasis.. my doc had asked me to do that my ALT was 127 which normal value...

doctor1 MD

What are the spinal issues that may surface from the small hole on the lower back (above the buttocks) of a baby? The neonatologist just advised me...

doctor1 MD

My 7-day-old grandson seems to have a weak grasp reflex. Is this a warning signal that something may be wrong? What?

doctor1 MD

My little girl is still in hospital she was born October 2012 at 26 weeks..due date was 28th January..she's still on oxygen which she'll be coming...

doctor1 MD

3 week old hard tummy always want to eat but is always bloated and throwing up and crying