Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Child struggling to walk due pain in legs, hip and now arms. Had Blood test done. Findings?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
My 9 yr old son is struggling to walk due to sudden pain in his legs, hips and now his arms have begun to hurt. Blood work shows WBC 5.04, RBC 4.51, Hgb 11.1, Hct L 34.0, MCV L 75.4, MCH L 24.6, MCHC 32.6, RDW 14.3, Platelet count 316, MPV L 9.6, Neutrophils L 37.7, Lymphocytes H 49.4, Monocytes H 7.3, Eosinophils H 5.2, CK Total H 803, CRP Inflammatory H 6.8.
What do all of those levels mean we have to wait until Monday to talk to our Dr and I know something is obviously wrong. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 2 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The new onset weakness in the limbs is indicative of a serious underlying cause.
The weakness some time spreads to affect the respiratory muscles and may threaten the breathing.
The child should be immediately hospitalized and cared in indoor setting under care of a peditrician or a physician.
Such weakness is mostly due to serious diseases like periodic paralysis syndromes, Guillain barre syndrome or neuropathies.
all are serious diseases and managing early has impact on the outcome so consult as soon as possible.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor