Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

160 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Child refuses to eat spicy food. What should I do?

Answered by
Dr. Samik Basu


Practicing since :1999

Answered : 711 Questions

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Child Health
Question: My son 7 years old does not eat up spicy food. He often skips the food items which are spicy, but usually the food does not even spicy. After motivating him, still the problem continues with my son. How to get rid of it?.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not worry at all. This does not necessarily relate to physical disease. I think it is a choice.
If he doesn't want to eat spicy food why do you need to give him spicy food? Ask him if he has any trouble eating spicy food like hurrying bowels, stomach burning, allergy etc? You will get an answer.
Different people have different choices.
Spicy food usually causes a lot of problems.
if you still persist,try starting out with tasty food like pizza or burgers then move on to different other kinds of food.
Make your spicy dishes more tasty.
I think that over the years his taste is going to change too.Maybe he will relish spicy food.
Let him take his time to develop his sense of taste.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a spicy tongue.Have a nice day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on