Child prescribed Metal P for viral. Still have high fever. What to do?

Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician

Posted on Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Question: My 14 month baby have viral ... Doc in the morning prescribed metal p.....three dozes given already...throughout the day fever was on and off....now at midnight fever is 102.7....what should I do.
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I unserstand your concern. I suggest you to : -give combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen as per dosage.15mg/kg 6to 8 hourly. -do tepid sponging of whole body. -give plenty if fluids. In the morning get her evaluated by pediatrician . Hope I have answerwd your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Follow up: Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 26 minutes later
Can we give crocin syrup if fevr cntinues....with sponging fever is 100.5 now.....shd we get him flu shots?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes give crocin Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes you can give crocin if fever is above 100F. Regarding flu shorts consult your pediatrician.as strains are changing. Hopr this helps. Take care...