Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

Child prescribed Metal P for viral. Still have high fever. What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 1444 Questions
My 14 month baby have viral ... Doc in the morning prescribed metal p.....three dozes given already...throughout the day fever was on and at midnight fever is 102.7....what should I do.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. I unserstand your concern. I suggest you to : -give combination of acetaminophen and ibuprofen as per dosage.15mg/kg 6to 8 hourly. -do tepid sponging of whole body. -give plenty if fluids. In the morning get her evaluated by pediatrician . Hope I have answerwd your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child prescribed Metal P for viral. Still have high fever. What to do? 26 minutes later
Can we give crocin syrup if fevr cntinues....with sponging fever is 100.5 now.....shd we get him flu shots?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 6 hours later
Brief Answer: yes give crocin Detailed Answer: Thanks for your follow up. Yes you can give crocin if fever is above 100F. Regarding flu shorts consult your strains are changing. Hopr this helps. Take care...
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor