Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
127 Doctors are Online

Child passed white stools with blood. Blood work okay. Any suggestions?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
my 4 year old son passed what looked like a granulated sugar/pure white stool and bright red blood ... no formed stool of any color, truly looks just like sugar had been poured in the toilet ... went to ER, blood positive in stool but blood work OK ... sent us home - I'm not satisfied. I am a radiation therapist and have never come across a stool sample or such an amount of fresh blood passed at one time ... any suggestions?
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 35 minutes later

Welcome back to healthcare magic Physician's desk!
The cause for bleeding per rectum can be a worm infestation or a gut polyp.
You should first try deworming in full regimen.
It should solve the problem, if not then you should consult the surgeon to work upon the polyp.
Give the child Tab.Albendazole Once a day at bed time for three days, avoid sugar at this duration.
Repeat stool examination after 7days.
I think the advise would be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor