Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
142 Doctors are Online
Ask a Dentist   »  

Child on valparin for mitral regurgitation. Enamels not developed, having teeth pain. Reason?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 1011 Questions
Teeth pein of my 5 yrs-2 months son who has M.R.
He is given every day 3.5 ml Valparin medicine.
As per earlier opion by a doctor his teeth emnamals didn't developed .
Teeth looks brittle.
Is any spray for a quick relief?.or any medicine
Posted Mon, 25 Mar 2013 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Anshumala Singh 1 hour later
Hello and welcome,

Thanks for sharing your concern.

Teeth pain is always due to infection to the pulp, (that is where there are nerves located).

You have mentioned that according to your doctor/dentist his enamels are, not developed; therefore there are more chances of getting the pulp infected.

Enamel is a hard calcified impermeable structure of tooth, lacking of which makes tooth more susceptible to infection.

Your son must be having temporary teeth now, as permanent teeth appears only after six years of age.

For his pain, immediate home remedy that you can do is just make him brush his teeth after food so that all the food debris get dislodged, giving him immediate relief.

If the child finds it difficult to do then you yourself can convince him and brush his teeth.

If it pains while brushing use Lignocaine spray locally in that area. If possible make him do warm saline rinses after each meal. This will solve half of his problem, as this will reduce his oral infection.

You can also give him half tablet paracetamol twice daily for three days.

Most importantly, I would suggest you to visit your dentist along with your son, so that any cavity developed can be restored. It will give him permanent cure from oral pain.

Also remember you have to save his deciduous(temporary) teeth, because they act as space maintainer for permanent teeth.

Hope it helps. For further query let me know.


Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dentist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor