Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Child is uncircumcised and has puss coming out from penis. Bathed with dettol and put polysporin on the tip. Advise?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9600 Questions
HI, my five year old son is uncircumsized and has puss coming out of his penis.
I have given him a bath and pulled the skin back as far as it will go and more puss is coming out. I bathed him with a tablespoon of detol and put polysporin on the tip.
Posted Sun, 20 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is due to urethritis.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your five years old son is getting pus discharge from his penis.

Since he is not circumcised and normally children do not retract their foreskin and clean the glans everyday while having bath ,this results in accumulation of smegma around the glans which has lead to secondary infection of urethra (Urethritis).

Please give him antibiotics like Norfloxacin orally and anti inflammatory medication like Brufen for a week along with topical antibiotic ointment like Neosporin for local application..

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you

Ensure to clean your genitals with warm water twice daily.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor