Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
182 Doctors are Online

Child is passing loose motion. Giving ORS solution, curd and nortem syrup. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Answered by
Practicing since : 1964
Answered : 246 Questions
my kid is having continuous loose motions every 5 to 10 mins often she is 3yrs 4months...and she is taking little amount of ORS solution,curd and nortem cyrup from past 10hrs....can we feed her egg to great strength or any other cyrup we can use please doctors available till tomorrow morning as today is sunday in kr puram bangalore
Posted Wed, 10 Apr 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 13 hours later

It appears your child has gastroenteritis. The best action here is to feed her with electrol or diarolite XXXXXXX dissolving in boiled and cool water. This you can buy over the counter. Here is a problem if the child refuses oral feeds she can get dehydrated. My advice is to take the child to nearest hospital in A/E dept to assess dehydration and admission in Pediatric ward. The child may need intravenous fluid to correct dehydration. Do not worry the child will be okay.

Kindest regards
Dr S.K.Mukherjee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Child is passing loose motion. Giving ORS solution, curd and nortem syrup. Any suggestion? 3 hours later
Sir now we are using nortem cyrup and ors solution continuously...shall we continue the same now the kid is long do we need to use cyrup and we are giving more curd and butter milk...
Any other cyrup for strength please she is having curd rice..
Answered by Dr. Sumitra Kumar Mukherjee 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

I think you should continue giving oral fluids for 24 hours and slowly introduce soft boiled rice with natural yogurt. After that if she is okay just continue normal diet.

Kindest regards Dr.S.K.Mukherjee
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pediatrician

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor