Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

Child is having vaginal bleeding with pain. Putting daktozin on vagina. What treatment is required?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1997
Answered : 1031 Questions
Hi, just today, my 20 month old has been grabbing her vagina and crying when she does a wee. She wants me to take her nappy off and put a new one on. I put some Daktozin on her vagina because this seems to help with the obvious stinging she feels when weeing. After her bath however, when I was putting more cream on, I had a closer look, spread her labia about and it looked like her clitoris was bleeding.
Any idea? I am planning on taking her to our local GP tomorrow morning.
Thanks in advance.
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Kulsoom Qureshi 43 minutes later
Thanks for consulting us.
Her symptoms of pain & bleeding are surely abnormal. You must seek advise from a pediatrician or GP as soon as possible.
Bleeding from clitoris may have resulted from some local trauma which was probably out of your knowledge.
If she is bleeding from vagina then this may be a result of abnormal hormone production which need investigation & treatment.
If her urination is painful then the cause can be a stone in urinary tract or some local irritation due to trauma. This also need to be investigated & appropriately treated.
or she may have scratched the area due to irritation from a local infection ( e.g. fungal, nappy rash or dryness) & this raw area is now painful & causing her to behave like that.
So, better take her to a doctor for an expert opinion.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an OBGYN

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor