Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

Child is having squint eye. Diagnosed with myopic astigmatism. How to get rid of this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1998
Answered : 1846 Questions
Hi Doctor
My daughter is now 3.5years old. She started developing squint when she was around 1.7years old. I took her to an eye check up last year and the doctor said that at that stage they can't prescribe anything and that an eye check up after 6 months was recommended. I did an eye check up for her now and the doctor says that she has myopic astigmatism. None from my family or from husband's family has problems with eyes. If my child wears a glass can she get rid of the squint problem. Also if is there any possibility that she gets rid of the glasses at a later stage in her life ? Are there any recommendations on diet(only veg.) ?
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Y V Siva Sankara Murty 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to health care magic.

If her vision disturbance is responsible for her squint then there will be improvement with glasses. This squint requires followup and may require surgical intervention.

Normally the vision disturbance will persist and requires the glasses to be used continuously. If you do not want these glasses to be used then the vision should be corrected with contact lenses.

A balanced diet is what is required and nothing more. Give her plenty of fruits and vegetables. Vegetables like carrot, beet root and fruits like Papaya, Mango are XXXXXXX in Vitamin A and are required for good vision.

Hope this helps.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Ophthalmologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor