Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Child is having pain under ribs and shoulder. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 262 Questions
my nind year old rand daughter has pain under her ribs and shoulcer on the right side. she is not feeling sick but is in considerable discomort. She says she has not fallen at school etc.
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Balaji Chinnasami 1 hour later
Thanks for your query to healthcare magic.

I would like to know a few more details so that i can help you better.
1. For how long has she been complaining of this pain?
2. Does she complain of this pain while breathing?
3. Does she have fever or cough?

From the information, you provided this probably is a simple musculoskeletal pain.
Within 1 or 2 days the pain will subside, until then to ease her discomfort you can give her analgesic (ibuprofen) along with ranitidine (Zantac, rantac etc) after prescription from a pediatrician.

Hope the information was useful, I am happy to answer any further queries in this regard.
Do not worry; she will get well soon.

Take care,
Dr. Balaji Chinnasami, MD
Assistant Professor- Pediatrics
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor