Child is having pain in stomach, penis and thigh. What should be done?

Posted on Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My 3 year old is complaining of pain in his stomach, penis and thigh area, he is stopping himself doing a poo and cries out at times. I'm going to take him to the doctors tomorrow but am worried in the mean time
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 54 minutes later

Thanks for the query.

He probably might be having a urinary tract infection according to the symptoms you have mentioned. Please keep your calm and do not worry. Only way to see, if it is urinary infection, is by doing the urine test for microscopic organisms. If there is any organism or pus cells, treatment can be commenced immediately with antibiotics. Make sure he is examined by his doctor tomorrow. Meanwhile, you can give him some extra water and juices to drink. That will help his urine to lighten a bit. Continue with the doctor visit nothing to worry.

Hope I have relieved your concern. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar
Answered by
Dr. Mohammed Kappan

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 105 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions ,  
Medical Topics

Recent questions on  Urinalysis

doctor1 MD

Hi Doctor, The patient is 63 years old, female. Recently in mid-night when she woke up she felt everything around her is turning round. When the...

doctor1 MD

I came off the pill 4 months ago periods have been fine but this month severe cramps 2 weeks before period due, high wbc on urine sample, urinating...

doctor1 MD

HI sir,
My wife took 7 i-pill in two months after our marriage (27th Nov-11). Today on urine test doctor confirmed about pregnancy and recommended...

doctor1 MD

I have epididymitis and took Doxy and Cipro for ten days the pain is still there, but I took urinalysis and a urine culture and it said no growth...

doctor1 MD

I am a 39 year male and I am urinating every 30 minutes to 1 hour. I don't have any pain or discoloration. Just concerned at how often im going I'd...

doctor1 MD

Had a urinalysis done Friday. WBC present, mucus present, bacteria none, leucocytes 6-10. Culture was then done and came back 10,000-50,000 cfu/ml...

doctor1 MD

I am having urinary irritation and also having discharge of white color substance

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

177 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction