Child is having pain in stomach, penis and thigh. What should be done?

Posted on Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Question: My 3 year old is complaining of pain in his stomach, penis and thigh area, he is stopping himself doing a poo and cries out at times. I'm going to take him to the doctors tomorrow but am worried in the mean time
Answered by Dr. Mohammed Kappan 54 minutes later

He probably might be having a urinary tract infection according to the symptoms you have mentioned. Please keep your calm and do not worry. Only way to see, if it is urinary infection, is by doing the urine test for microscopic organisms. If there is any organism or pus cells, treatment can be commenced immediately with antibiotics. Make sure he is examined by his doctor tomorrow. Meanwhile, you can give him some extra water and juices to drink. That will help his urine to lighten a bit. Continue with the doctor visit nothing to worry.

Hope I have relieved your concern. Let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

Regards.
Dr. Mohammed Kappan