Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

Child is having hard bump at the base of skull. Easy way to remove this?

Feb 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2002
Answered : 3176 Questions
My 7 year old daughter has just notice a bb sized hard bump at the left base of skull/upper neck. No pain, but we are wootied
The lump is in a fixed position..feels like a bone spur, however, the bump seems to be on a muscles/ligament rather then bone
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

With your description, the lump is due to a bony prominence of the skull bone or an enlarged lymph node.

Some times extra bone growth from skull bone also present like a hard bump which will be fixed to the underlying bone.

Physical examination of the child by the doctor is important to know the type of bump, and from which structure it is arising.

Stop worrying and get your child examined by the doctor.

I advise you to consult the pediatrician for examination and for appropriate management of the hard bump.

Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor