Child is breastfeeding. Which diet food is sufficient to give?

Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar

Posted on Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Question: Mam' My daughter age is 1 yrs.She is eating enouhg.Which diet food is sufficent for her. Kindly suggest.She is eating mother's milk.
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Wean of breast and start normal semisolid diet Detailed Answer: Hi, Now it is time to wean her off the breast milk slowly and start giving her whatever you eat in the meal. Make it soft and add ghee. Suppose you eat rice, vegetable and dal. You can boil rice with more water so that it is softer to chew. Mix it with boiled and mashed vegetable. Similarly with dal. You can start her on rasam, curd as well. Give her finger foods as snack like fruit. try all variety now. Do not think your daughter likes one or two and you stick to them. You should try everything from greens, root vegetable, fibre and fruit. Hope this is clear.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli