Child having viral infection. Urine test done. Are the reports normal?
URINE TEST MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION RESULTS AS BELOW.
RBC Nil XXXXXXX Cells 2-4/ hpf
Epithelial Cells nil
PROTEIN : traces
Sugar : Negative
Ketone Bodies : +ve
Uro Bilinogen :normal
Bile Salt : Negative
color : pale yellow
Transparency : clear
PH : 6
Specific Gravity : 1.025
The child was having viral fever. Now ok.
Is the results normal. Pls advise
The result shows ketones positive - that means she was not taking feeds well at that time and was in so called starvation ketosis.If she is back to normal and on regular feeds now, you need not worry!
At the time of fever you should give lot of fluids and juices in future also.
Secondly urine protein positive in traces - can happen in any infection.
When she is OK from viral fever after 2-3 weeks,please repeat the urine routine test.
All the best
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Viral infections pus in urine
- Nerve viral infection symptoms
- Kidney infection urine test normal
- Viral infections in urine
- Viral infection d dimer testing
- High urine sedimentation rate viral infections
- Viral infection blood in urine
- Child with fever vomiting and leg pain viral infection
- Blood in urine post viral infection
- Headache urinating viral infection