Child having soft mushy lump under the skin in forehead. What could this be?

Dr. Synthyia Bhagat

Pediatrician

Posted on Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in Child Health
Question: Tonight I was feeling my 19 month old's forehead and noticed a soft mushy lump under the skin. It is not visible when looking at him. It doesn't feel round, but rather more mushy and disorganized. What could this be?
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 30 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to us. I understand your concern. Swelling over forehead in toddler could be due to: - any minor soft tissue injury which is recovering. -lipoma -contact dermatitis. I suggest you to observe it for few days. Look if it is increasing in size/any itching or discomfort/any skin discoloration. In case it persist get him evaluated by pediatrician as physical examination will be needed. Hope I have answered your query, let me know if you have any further question. Wishing your child good health. God bless..