Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

Child having small irregular bruises on arm and face. What could be causing this and cure?

Jul 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1993
Answered : 1196 Questions
My 11 yr old daughter has had these small irregular shaped bruises popping up on her right arm since she was 6 years old. They are gray colored, feel indented into the skin, and irregular in shape. they do not itch, do not change color or size but they do not go away either. She has seen almost 24 dermatologist on this and we have yet to find out what they are and what is causing them. Recently we have found a small one on her face. we have been told in the past that it could be lupus, but her symptoms do not match up with what is is to have lupus. Any help would be tremendous help..
Posted Sun, 2 Dec 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 7 hours later
Hi there.
Am not too sure if after 24 dermatologists' , i can suggest much that may be useful. However, has any skin biopsy been done? This should ideally be done from the lesional area (area where these bruises present) & from a covered area eg upper back/abdomen & it should be subjected to both histopathology & immunoflorescent staining. This will then give you a clear idea on how to proceed further. Has she had any history of seizures or any attention deficit disorder & has there ever been a simple skull xray or Ct head & neck done? Am just playing the devils' advocate here.. My gut feeling is it is probably a simple nevus issue (moles or birth marks) & there is absolutely no issue to be worried about. I wish your child good health & hope this advice helps you make an informed deciscion. Good Luck & Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist, Venereologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor