Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

129 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Child having red marks on penis head with sour smell. What cure should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 726 Questions
My son is 6 years old and just announced his penis (uncircumsized) stings a little. He just began asking questions about this over the past week. My husband says just on the very tip it is a little darker than pink (not real red) and has a sour smell - like stagnent urine.
Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Kulbir Singh 2 hours later
Hello and thanks for writing in
I have read your query with diligence. The complaints of slight sting over the penis may be due to the infection or unhygienic condition or an injury to the area.
1. Infection: The infection may be Urinary track infection, Infection or inflammation at the glans penis or inflammation of the urinary bladder. Get urine examination done of your child and if needed urine culture can be done to choose the effective antibiotic.
2. Injury: Any injury at the site can cause pain and recover by its own if the injury is very little.
3. Unhygienic Condition: Clean the penis with water 2-3 time a day and try to keep it in hygienic condition.
You need to take proper care of the site so that it may not increase. Feel free to consult your doctor if the problem continues. Physical examination of the penis is must to get to a diagnosis and further treatment.

Hope this will help you. Write back for any doubts.
Best Wishes and have a good time
Dr. Kulbir Singh
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist